Beaufort Street Network
The Beaufort Street Network is a positive and proactive organisation working to create a better Beaufort Street.
The Network brings together local residents and businesses to develop a better place to live, work, run a business and have fun. We are unique – a knowledgeable community organisation making things happen.
We’ve achieved a lot in the last six years:
- Developed Western Australia’s biggest street party – the Beaufort Street Festival – www.beaufortstreetfestival.com.au
- Created the first community action plan in Western Australia – the Better Beaufort Action Plan – beaufortstreet.com.au/better-beaufort-action-plan/
- Promoted local artists and creatives by establishing a monthly Market
- Improved the area by sponsoring wall murals and public art projects
- Helped inform streetscape upgrades including street trees, seats and greenery
- Completed a range of innovative projects to promote the street
You can see a list of what we have done recently by <clicking here>.
We focus on what we can do, not what we can’t do –
|Can Do||Can’t Do Much About|
|Set the vision and goals for the street||The amount of traffic on Beaufort Street|
|Work with local governments and other groups to deliver the vision||High rents fr local businesses|
|Promotion and marketing of local businesses and the street generally||Local businesses closing|
|Advocate for the street and persuade decision-makers||Business competition|
|Provide things for people to do on the street||The threat of online retail|
|Create great places for people||Shopping centres getting much bigger|
|Promote the Beaufort Street Precinct||The mix of shops and businesses on the street|
We are a completely volunteer organisation and rely on help from businesses and residents. Help us create a Better Beaufort Street by becoming a Member. Find out more about joining at beaufortstreet.com.au/about/join/