Oz Harvest Food Rescue Ready to Hit Beaufort St!
OzHarvest is a not-for-profit organisation that rescues excess food from restaurants, retailers, food outlets and corporate kitchens that would otherwise be discarded and delivers it to charities that feed the disadvantaged and homeless.
The work it does has a dual impact:
- By supplementing the nutritional wellbeing, dignity and health of at risk communities OzHarvest enables organisations to reduce their food budget and redirect their funding to education and rehabilitation.
- By ensuring that good food is being eaten rather than going to landfill OzHarvest is helping the environment by ensuring tons of carbon emissions do not pollute the atmosphere.
Oz Harvest relies completely on the donations and support of philanthropic businesses, the community and individuals to keep its operations running.
OzHarvest Fast Facts
- OzHarvest was founded in November 2004 by event’s organiser Ronni Kahn. It officially launched in WA in December 2014.
- Since 2004, OzHarvest has delivered more than 30 million meals.
- OzHarvest has diverted 10,000 tonnes of food from ending up in landfill.
- Every year a staggering $8-$10 billion dollars of food goes to waste or that equates to four million tonnes.
- For every $1 that is donated to OzHarvest, we can deliver the equivalent of two meals to people in need.
To Support or Contact OzHarvest WA
Call – (08) 6500 6450
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org